Saturday, December 1, 2007

The Importance of Good Record-Keeping/Status Update

It has been said ad-nauseum in the poker world, but record keeping is the first step to being a winning player. I'm going to post results in here occasionally for my friends to keep track of my status, but also I want to show what kind of records you should be taking. Here is a screenshot of my excel records page, which is the bare-minimum of note-taking. I should really take more detailed notes:
Note there are columns for win/loss, time and date, hours, locale, notes, etc.

So, IRS quick look that way!


This Week:
Earnings: $523
Hours: 28.5
Hourly: $18.35/hr

Yearly:
YTD Earnings: $6433
YTD Hours: 244.5
YTD Hourly: $26.31/hr


A bad week - I played extremely poorly one day and ran bad another day.

No comments: