Thursday, October 2, 2008

September

Hah! A month that was so good followed by a month that was so bad. That's the way this game goes.

Everything that went right for me last month turned around this month. It was kind of weird too because all of my friends were running horribly this month as well. Saw a couple of my buddies lose $2k+ on craps, which is a lot when you're making $50-100k/year. Luckily I don't like the table games. This was easily my worst month ever expectation-wise and I ran well below what I should have, but I ran above what I should have last month and have probably been above expectation for the year.

I went on vacation this month for 10 days to go back to Chicago and see if I wanted to go back to work in the nonprofit sector. Ultimately, the lucrative $14k salary just wasn't enticing enough. I realized that getting up at 3pm, dressing in whatever you want, and never having any responsibility is pretty nice, although the stress from running bad caused me to have a pit in my stomach all week.

I think I'm going to start posting more in 2+2 and spending more time in general studying the game. Right now I feel like I'm not learning any more, which is the death knell for any poker player.

Thinking of budgeting on $14k though made me really realize how much $$ I am wasting. Also, reading this guy's blog (VeganMav on 2+2, of whom there is a famous thread) is pretty inspiring. He's a high stakes LHE pro that just tries to save as much as possible to give to people less fortunate than him. Eats out of dumpsters to save every penny. He is pretty much my hero.

Hours: 92.5
Total Earnings: $2,374
Hourly: $25.66
YTD: $42,144

No comments: