Monday, September 1, 2008

August

A weird month. I was thinking back to when I first started seriously playing this crazy game, and it's kind of nuts to see where I am today. I started playing "professionally" a little less than a year ago in November, just grinding $1/2 and being thrilled with a $150 day. This month I won $3500 in one day playing $5/10 and didn't even really feel anything.

I also had $2500 stolen from me by a pickpocket, which was a kind of sick feeling. I've had many $2000+ losing days, but it felt pretty unfair that I didn't even get to put my money in play before I had it just up and taken like that. It's pretty unfortunate, but a lot of times I have $3k+ in my wallet just because I want to have flexibility and be able to jump in a good game if I see one. Had to take two days off after that one, just sitting in my apartment feeling sorry for myself.

Anyway, this was the month where I finally kind of broke through the $5/10 barrier and had some moderate success. I won about $4500 in roughly 28 hours, giving me a fatty winrate of $160.71/hr. This was pretty nice considering that prior to this month, I was a $3400 loser in the game. Most of this was just due to running extremely bad, so hopefully this will be the start of something big.

If I can break through and be a consistent winner in the $5/10 game, I should be able to average somewhere around $75/hr and pull in $100k+ with a little bit of work. It's looking like I'm going to be making somewhere in the neighborhood of $50-65k, $42/hr at the end of this year, as a comparison.

So here are the numbers ($2500 pickpocket loss not included)*

Hours: 120.5
Total Earnings: $9,818
Hourly: $81.48
YTD: $39,770

After pickpocketing factored in:

Total Earnings: $7,318
Hourly: $60.73
YTD: $37,270


*Note: These numbers are not sustainable. I didn't really feel like I ran that hot this month, but I must have been above expectation to have such a good month.

1 comment:

joe said...

hey man. you sound much more upbeat in this end of the month post than last. i'm really happy and jealous at the same time for your success.

congrats. and sick beat on the pick pocket.