Thursday, January 10, 2008

Year end roundup; Results

Well, with 2007 finally over, here is a summary of how I did:

Hours: 328
Total Earnings: $7,795
Hourly: $23.77/hr

If you extrapolate these numbers, which are a pretty decent sample size, to playing 40 hours/week for 45 weeks, you get a very nice $42,786/year salary, tax-free (?) with a 7-week vacation thrown in there somewhere.

A more accurate number would be determined by extrapolating how I've been doing since I started playing full-time in November, since I have been playing in theoretically tougher games during the week. Here is how those numbers break down:

Hours: 147.5
Total Earnings: $4,243
Hourly: $28.77

This extrapolates to $51,786/year. Just for fun, let's see how I did playing $1/2 vs. $2/5 since I started playing full-time:

1/2:
Hours: 104.5
Total Earnings: $1902
Hourly: $18.20
Expected Yearly: $32,760

2/5:
Hours: 43
Total Earnings: $2,341
Hourly: $54.44
Expected Yearly: $97,992


The 2/5 figure is skewed because I have only been playing in $2/5 when I see the game is particularly good; However, I will start playing $2/5 more as my bankroll grows. I expect to earn somewhere in the neighborhood of $30-45 once I start playing $2/5 exclusively. That would put me at a nice goal of $54,000-$81,000 for the year. I am pretty lazy though, so I probably won't play enough hours to meet that goal.

Also, I have started writing for a poker blog, pokersift.com. Find me under Azn_Cutie.

1 comment:

joe said...

is this all from live play?

do you include transportation time and waiting for a table?

i'm very interested in this stuff obviously b/c i like to see how online profits/hour compare to live profits/hour in low stakes.

i didn't look at my spread sheet, but right now, i believe our numbers are close to comparable and i play 4 tables of .5/1. your dollar/hour is higher.

i'll be able to get back to you with better numbers in 2-3 months after i see the effects of rakeback and my switch to full stacks. i've had a huge increase in profits the past week after i switched to full stack, but i really hope it's not just a temporary upswing.

i'm really lazy, so i hope to put in enough time to make 36k this year and 50k the following and 70k plataeu (i don't think i'd ever want to play against the tough opponents.) a successful internet player can easily make 70k+ on just 2/4.